By Robin

A Massachusetts mother, Siobhan Quinn, is warning parents to be careful of a popular internet ‘slime’ recipe that caused her daughter to suffer 2nd degree burns.

Her 11-year old daughter, Kathleen, was interested in making the DIY recipe, so Quinn got all the ingredients to make it.  (‘Slime’ recipes generally contain liquid glue, water and Borax soap.)

According to CBS News, while Kathleen was at a sleepover, her hands began to tingle and hurt.  Her mother immediately took her to the hospital, where doctors attended to her 2nd and 3rd degree burns.

The popular slime recipes online include:  glitter slime, glow-in-the-dark slime and colored slimes.  The recipes have become so popular in the last year that sales of liquid Elmers glue have skyrocketed.

Quinn encourages other parents to read the instructions carefully and be careful of what you’re concocting because you never know if the ingredients combined will have an adverse effect.

Kathleen must now take a week off of school and endure her hands in splints, but is expected to be fine.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Listen Live